The Riverside Centre is a popular licensed venue in Chelmsford, offering a variety of events and leisure pursuits. It is part of the local nightlife and, accordingly, it requires effective door supervision in order to maintain a cordial atmosphere and to remain compliant with licensing laws. After talks with Stage Security, its management team appointed us to provide a team of SIA-licensed door supervisors on a contract basis.
The Riverside Centre has become a regular client. Our team’s duties routinely include:
- A security sweep of the centre before the customers enter
- Managing the queue of customers, maintaining order and goodwill
- Maintaining and promoting alcohol awareness
- Communicating show details – e.g. timings, seating plans, toilet facilities etc.
- Managing admittance once clearance has been given by the event manager
- Checking customers’ tickets
During the events, we carry out the following duties:
- Monitoring behaviour patterns
- Monitoring the licensed bar area
- Ensuring identification checks are taking place
- Enforcing the ‘Challenge 25’ policy
- Dealing with issues relating to excessive drinking
- Ensuring all venue staff are working in a safe environment
- Protecting the stage area, both front and back
- Ensuring that any performers are able to carry out their work in a safe environment
- Monitoring the audience throughout the event – addressing any incidents that could breach house rules or formal regulations
After each event, we supervise the safe and prompt dispersal of the audience from the venue, ensuring that the premises are left tidy and secure, as found.
Find out more about the variety of security services we offer in the Chelmsford area.